Instagram was initiated as a space to share some beautiful photos you have taken. As time has progressed, many businesses use this as a space to share information about their business and their products through photos and links to their site. Instagram can also create a method to communicate with lots of followers. One great example? The World Record Egg.
It seems strange that an egg has bypassed all of the other favorite pages on Instagram. The egg currently has 10.1 million global followers. The New York Times interviewed the makers of this post, “Meet the Creator of the Egg That Broke Instagram“. The piece is interesting to read, specifically how they use its power to help support people and mental health globally. In this article, they do not share what their future plans with the egg are.
Even more important than the interview is to think about how you want to present your “community” through social websites like Instagram. Here are our learning points from the interview:
- Keep Things Simple – the creators were able to reach out all over the globe by keeping their posts very personable and diminished
- Follow the Timeline When You Receive More Visits – this helps you to approximately know who (by potential age) visits your post
- Advertise for More Visitors – this company was able to produce an ad for the Super Bowl, which then led to even more followers
- Costs May be Paid by Other Companies – they managed to obtain support from other large companies, keeping them from spending more than they were able to
- Obtain New Clients – in reference to the Egg, this company received many “offers and opportunities”
simpelythrough the number of followers on their Instagram
- From the C
reatorin the NY Times Interview: “Mr. Godfrey did agree that the egg’s success had been a fluke. ‘But it’s a fluke that caught the world’s attention,’ he said. ‘It’s what you do with that attention that counts.’”
Let us know in comments below if these ideas could help your website.